- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Cee Lo Green is reportedly not going to get fired from The Voice, despite the fact that he has been charged with furnishing Ecstasy. Green was in a Los Angeles courtroom on Monday and during the hearing, he entered a not guilty plea.
As previously reported, the “Forget You” singer isn’t going to be charged with sexual assault against a woman he met in Los Angeles in July 2012. However, the district attorney is still charging him with a felony of furnishing Ecstasy, allegedly without her knowledge.
According to the LA Times, Green, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Calloway, pleaded not guilty to the charge. If he’s convicted, he could be sentenced to as much as four years in prison, but since it is his first offense, he may get less, according to the Times’ sources.
Sources also told the Times that there is a telephone call Green made to another person that may explain the events of the night in question.
Meanwhile, Voice creator Mark Burnett told TMZ that Green will not be fired from the hit NBC singing competition during the ongoing case.
“Cee Lo had faith that if true facts were known, the district attorney would reject those charges,” Green’s attorney, Blair Beck, said about the sexual assault charge, notes the Times. “As it relates to the one charge of furnishing or sharing Ecstasy, Mr. Green will responsibly address that matter in a court of law, but not comment on it further out of respect for the process.”