- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
The coroner's final report on the death of Cory Monteith has been released.
TMZ received the report, which reads that the Glee star died of "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol." Empty champagne bottles and a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle" were found in the room.
The coroner believes that Monteiths' "intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs" might have lead to a lower tolerance for drug abuse.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the report reveals some details of the night of Monteith's death, such as he was staying at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel.
The coroner's report noted that "he had checked in to the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him unresponsive on the floor."
The 31-year-old was found to have a .13 percent alcohol level, meaning a "moderate" level. A metabolite of heroin, codeine and morphine were also found in his system.
image: Wikimedia Commons