Ryan Seacrest extends deal to host ABC’s ‘New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’

By Daniel Levine,

Entertainment mogul Ryan Seacrest has signed on to host ABC’s New Year’s Eve special, Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest for the next few years.

ABC didn’t say how long the deal will last, only noting that it was a multi-year contract. The American Idol host took the show over from Dick Clark, who died in 2012. Last year was his first solo show and producers paid tribute to Clark with a two-hour special before the show.

“I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve,” Seacrest said in a statement Wednesday to The Hollywood Reporter. Dick Clark Productions CEO Allen Shapiro and Seacrest are executive producing the show and Larry Klein is producer.

“Allen and the DCP team, as well as everyone at ABC are my valued partners in carrying Dick's vision forward,” Seacrest continued. “I'm humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver.”

According to USA Today, ABC said that the 2013 special was the most watched ever, attracting 22.6 million viewers to watch the ball drop in Times Square.

Seacrest recently hosted NBC’s Million Second Quiz gameshow and will return on Fox’s Idol in January 2014.

image: NBC

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads