- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Glenn Taylor, the man who toppled the boulder in Goblin Valley State Park in Utah, claims in a recent lawsuit that he suffers from permanent injuries as the result of a car crash.
As previously reported last Friday, a video surfaced of Boy Scout leaders destroying a 200-million-year-old rock formation.
They had claimed that it was to protect any kids from the boulder potentially breaking off. At the time they claimed regret for their actions, but claimed it was "the best and smartest thing" when they broke it.
Well it turns out that the man who is the star of the video filed a lawsuit a few weeks ago claiming "serious, permanent and debilitating injuries" as the result of a car crash from four years ago, CNN reports. Taylor might have trouble winning that suit now.
Alan MacDonald, the lawsuit's defendant, told local TV station KTVX, "Someone with a bad back who's disabled, who can't enjoy life, to me, doesn't step up and push a rock that big off the base."
Taylor's lawyer isn't commenting, but Taylor told CNN affiliate KUTV that "You didn't see how hard I pushed."
David Hall, who took the video, said that Taylor did the right thing and that a "gust of wind" was all that was needed to knock the boulder from its spot. Naturally, park rangers disagree with that assessment.