- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
These days, pumpkins are not merely used for carving and baking traditional pies. As foodies take to the Internet, the traditional take on pumpkins has been transformed from porch step decor to breakfast, lunch, and dinner table treats.
It’s the time of the season to binge on pumpkin flavored delicacies. With the help of the blogging world, we’ve compiled a mouth-watering list of pumpkin foods you’ve got to try before the fall season comes to a close. The top ten pumpkin treats below offer a variety of pumpkin-infused foods for every meal! Get out your recipe books, and prepare your pantries, you’re about to see the traditional fall festive food in a new light.
10. Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls with warm caramel frosting - Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, these pumpkin-fused cinnamon rolls spice up the traditional morning masterpiece with an autumn inspired twist.
9. Pumpkin Pie Truffles - Can you say portable pumpkin pie?
Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Truffles
8. Pumpkin Chips - Drop your bag of Cheetos! These pumpkin chips are a healthy festive alternative to greasy snack foods that everyone craves as the weather gets colder. Bake up a quick batch of this three ingredient recipe to kick any salty cravings this fall.
Recipe: Pumpkin Chips
7. Pumpkin Hummus - Hummus is at the height of it’s snack game and is perfect for a prequel to any meal! If you’re a homemade hummus lover, this concoction can be created simply by adding pumpkin puree to your traditional hummus recipe. Plus, there are so many yummy uses for this delicious dip. Use it on a salad, sandwich, or with any appetizer!
Recipe: Pumpkin Hummus
6. Pumpkin Fritters - Golden fried pumpkin dusted with cinnamon sugar? This simple recipe will satisfy a palate in need of a sweet fix.
Recipe: Pumpkin Fritters
5. Penne Pumpkin Alfredo - If you combine fall flavors with this classic Italian dish, you get a lifetime full of happiness and a belly full of Autumn bliss.
Recipe: Penne Pumpkin Alfredo
4. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Smoothie - If you love clean eats, this one’ll be sweet. The pumpkin smoothie is perfect for fitness gurus in need of a fresh and healthy fall flavor.
Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Smoothie
3. Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts - A domestic challenge, with a delicious reward. Homemade pumpkin spiced donuts are heavenly hot out of the oven! You’ll never buy a bakers dozen again!
Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts
2. Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Lattes - Skip the trip to Dunkin' Donuts and create your caffeinated craving right at home! This simple crock-pot recipe will warm up any fall feast.
Recipe: Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Lattes
1. Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips - I would eat this three times a day if it were socially acceptable, which it is! Because this is a healthy twist on a delicious fall favorite! This recipe substitutes Greek yogurt for butter and oil, maintaining that moist delectable texture that makes pumpkin bread so delicious. Guilt free, and number one on our list!
Run outside, grab your pumpkins off of your porches, and get cooking!
Photos courtesy of Pinterest