- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Kanye West appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to discuss their Twitter beef. They also talked about his frustrations with the industry, why Kim Kardashian deserves a star on the Walk of Fame, fashion, the Civil Rights Movement, his beef with the paparazzi and many other things that he wanted to get off his chest.
The interview quickly turned into a rant and Jimmy Kimmel hardly got any words in as Kanye continued to talk. Even though many people thought that Kanye sounded like a raving lunatic, most of the things that he said actually made sense.
The interview was reminiscent of his Zane Lowe interview. Kanye also explained that he was annoyed at Kimmel because he knows him personally and he didn't take his message seriously from the Lowe interview. As everyone knows, Kanye hardly does interviews, so it was a big surprise when Kanye showed up to do speak with Kimmel.
During this his rants on the show, Kanye made several interesting points, so here's a list of the Top 10 quotes from the interview.
10. "I’m not running for office, I’m just here to make good music."
9. "I could care less about any of these cameras. All I care about is, my family, protecting my girl, protecting my baby, and protecting my ideas and my dreams.”
8. ”Who do you know that is more known for clothes than me?”
7. “I refuse to follow the rules that society has set up and the way that they control people with low self-esteem, with improper information, with branding, with marketing. I refuse to follow those rules. It’s about truth. It’s about information. It’s about awesomeness. And the only luxury is time, time that you spend with your family. That’s the only luxury, so the concept of luxury is improper to me.”
6. "People don’t stand up and protect their dreams.”
5. “People are so dated and not modern. There is no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t have a star on the walk of fame."
4. "Never think that I’m not from Chicago for one second, and think you can be disrespectful to me and me and my family constantly.”
3. ”It’s not about racism anymore, it’s classicism.”
2. ”I think the media does everything they can to break creative,to break artists,to break spirits and I do everything I can to break media.”
1."For me to say I wasn’t a genius, I’ll be lying to you and myself.”
You can see the interview below: