|

Michael J. Fox's new show canceled by NBC

By Shaunice Conyers,

Michael J. Fox's return to TV has come to an end. NBC has decided to cancel his show The Michael J. Fox Show.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, after struggling in the ratings, NBC has chosen to cancel the series. In the show's place, NBC will now air Hollywood Gamenight, executive produced by Sean Hayes and hosted by Jane Lynch on Thursdays, starting Feb. 27. That's after the conclusion of NBC's coverage of the Winter Olympics.

Vulture first reported that the series was being canceled by NBC. Sean Saves The World was pulled last month.

Both shows were attracting low ratings of around 3 million viewers and under a 1 rating among viewers under 50 years of age in the last couple of weeks.

Deadline Hollywood adds how at the TCA's two weeks ago NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt said he likes both Fox and Hayes. "Creatively, we think they’re good shows, and we’re really unhappy that we can’t find an audience for them in those time periods," Greenblatt said.

Vulture notes that NBC has said that the Fox show might find its way onto the schedule in April.

image: NBC

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads