Questionable meatballs instill fear in Twin Peaks animal owners

By Alyssa Ladzinski,
Possible poisonous meatballs make a comeback

Animal owners were warned to be cautious of suspicious meatballs found near Crestline Drive and Parkridge on Saturday.

Lt. Denise BonGiovanni came across 34 balls of raw meat sprinkled with unidentified solid pieces. A Twin Peaks resident happened to rip one from her dogs mouth before she could consume it.

The seemingly deadly meatballs were found behind stairwells, in bushes and shrubs—places an animal could easily find them but a human would overlook.

The meatballs are in the custody of the San Francisco Police Department. They will be running tests to find out if the meatballs are poisonous.

"There's a high probability," said BonGiovanni. "They look very similar to the ones found last year,” according to CBS

During July of last year, a 7-year-old dachshund died after consuming poisonous meatballs. The police think they may have been made with strychnine, used in some rat poisons. The culprit was never found.

There have been over 50 warning signs posted in the neighborhood by Animal Care and Control, as reported in SF Gate. It’s also being advertised that close residents should keep their pets inside and keep them on a short leash and away from bushes when taking them for a walk.

The police ask if anyone has information to help the investigation to call the departments anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads