- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
After arriving to the scene of a garage fire in Volusia County, Florida, fire fighters were stunned when they found not only a meth lab, but a small child inside the house, alone.
"When we arrived on scene, we found smoke coming from the garage area, Bill Snyder of the rescue squad stated.
According to WFTV, while the fire department was extinguishing the fire, the residents Melissa Berry and Jonathan Coburn arrived.
Both of the individuals claimed to know nothing of the meth lab or any of the drugs that were found inside of their home.
ABC News wrote that although the meth lab was not big in size, it was still dangerous.
The child was at an extreme risk of danger.
"If she would have breathed the fumes and stuff from an active meth lab, it could have hurt her pretty badly," Snyder mentioned.
The 9-year-old girl was taken to the hospital to be examined and was reported to be unharmed.