Malaysia officials tell families that no one survived missing flight

By Daniel S Levine,

Malaysian officials have told the families of the 239 crew and passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that no one survived the flight. They have new evidence that suggests the plane went down in the southern Indian Ocean, where the search had been focused for the past several days.

According to the BBC, families were told via text message that no one survived “beyond any reasonable doubt.”

The message was sent just before Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak called an unscheduled press conference. CNN reports that British investigators also concluded that the plane crashed. Two relatives also told CNN that officials were speaking with families.

Earlier today, it was reported that Australian and Chinese planes spotted debris that they believed were connected to the missing plane.

The Boeing 777 went missing on March 8 and was on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Investigators will now have to figure out what made the plane suddenly take a u-turn, going in the opposite direction of Beijing and reaching such a remote area of the world.

UPDATE: "This is a remote location, far from any possible landing site," Razar said during the conference, notes USA Today. "It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that according to this new data flight MH370 3 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads