- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Over the years we went from the topshop peplum tank, to leather sleeved jackets, and wedge sneakers . Now, as spring emerges, the fashion industry has a lot to reflect on when it comes to the latest trends and upcoming styles for Summer 2014. The Huffington Post has already mentioned what’s expected for the coming seasonal apparel. The 90’s look will possibly resurge again for 2014 Spring and Summer trends with artful colors and cropped blazers. Despite the change in fashion trends over the years, it's evident that stars are responsible for bringing these styles to life, from well-advertised celebrities like Lupita Nyong’o, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and Asap Rocky. Their designers are the stepping-stone to what many retailers need to keep their customers updated and in-style.
Already the fashion world is intrigued by fashion icon Rihanna who is fierce and bold on or off the red carpet. SingersRoom News reports that she was presented with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her one of a kind outfits and trendsetting hairstyles, which are admired by fashionistas all over the globe. Celebrities like Rihanna find spotlight on social networks like Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter.
Below is a recap of the top ten fashion statements from some of your favorite celebrities.
10. Ciara struts an all white Givenchy outfit at the Haze Nightclub in Las Vegas during the Spring 2013 menswear collection.
Photo Courtesy of Style Bakery
9. According to Style Bistro, Rihanna led one of the top summer trends when she wore a sheer glittery crop-top with ripped boyfriend jeans and healed sandals.
Photo Courtesy of Style Bistro
8. Nicki Minaj showed no remorse when exposing every edge and crease of her womanly curves when wearing this scandalous all black ”bondage officer” Halloween costume
Photo Courtesy of International Business Times
7. While in New York City celebrating the 5th year anniversary of her first album release and promoting her newest single “Applause” , Lady Gaga is seen modeling a Balmain outfit as seen on Just Jared.
Photo Courtesy of Just Jared
6. NBA player Russell Westbrook is a fashion icon when he is off court. He’s spotted several times in outgoing apparel such as this one on Sports Illustrated at post game press conferences
Photo Courtesy of Sports Illustrated
5. Asap Rocky appears on 106 & Park with an over-sized shirt, which initially appeared as a dress, and construction Timberlands.
Photo Courtesy of MTV Style
4. Kim Kardashian had an unusual off day with her taste in fashion when she decided to walk the red carpet in a floral gown at the 2013 Met Gala while several months pregnant
Photo Courtesy of E! Online
3. Alongside making top-selling album without any promotion, Beyonce made the top most controversial concert outfits ever, according to Mail Online, when she wore a glittered transparent body suit that revealed her boobs entirely.
Photo Courtesy of Mail Online
2. On Glamour Fashion Rihanna is caught wearing a white see-through mesh top that led to viral internet pictures of her pierced nipples
Photo Courtesy of Glamour Fashion
1. Miley Cyrus wears a flesh colored latex bikini on the MTV VMAs while performing with Robin Thicke, according to Daily Mail
Photo Courtesy of Mail Online