- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Almost thirty people went to the hospital after Avicii's concert on Saturday night in Toronto. The Rogers Centre holds 20,000 fans.
CP 24 reported that the Toronto EMS took people from the concert to the hospital on Saturday. EMS commander Peter Rotolo explained that they received many 911 calls from concertgoers who called in to report many concert goers who had "overdosed" on alcohol.
"Unfortunately we have a few kids...excessive alcohol and partying and they can't handle it," Rotolo said. "There's a lot of people here and a few don't spoil it for the rest."
The venue did have medical professionals on site but they became "overwhelmed" by the number of people who became sick in the crowd. The show was sold out, The Huffington Post reported.
Avicii had been suffering from a serious medical treatment recently. He had his gall bladder removed, which caused the performer to cancel many shows including his appearances at the Ultra Music Festival and many other shows. Avicii had just started to head back on tour with this performance.