- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Andre Johnson made it known on Tuesday that he isn't sure he wants to stick around for another season with the Houston Texans as they seek to rebuild after a disastrous 2-14 season.
While presenting a check to the Houston Area Women's Center, Johnson spoke about another season with the team, noting, "nobody's been here as long as I have," reports ESPN.
"I've been thinking about things this offseason. Kind of wonder if this is still the place for me." The Texans' all-time leading receiver also said he doesn't plan on attending the organized team activities or the mandatory minicamp. He also skipped the first voluntary workout held last week.
According to the Houston Chronicle, after 11 seasons with the team, Johnson doesn't want to play through another rebuilding season. Texans' owner Bob McNair said that despite hiring a new head coach, Bill O'Brien, the team isn't rebuilding.
Johnson, who has 927 receptions, 12,261 receiving yards and 61 receiving touchdowns with the team, doesn't buy it. "When you bring a new coach in, you go through a rebuilding process."
He's also frustrated that the Texans have only been to the playoffs twice while Johnson has been on the team and the Texans don't even have a clear-cut choice at quarterback. "I don't think any player wants to experience that. I think over time it can become very frustrating."