- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Barbara Walters may have retired, but that word has a different meaning for the journalist. As previously announced, she will be interviewing Paul Rodger, the father of Santa Barbara shooter Elliot Rodger. The interview will air on 20/20 this Friday.
Walters did reveal earlier this month that she intended to interview Paul Rodger, a second unit director on The Hunger Games, notes Variety. He reportedly requested that he be interviewed by Walters, despite ABC News’ announcement that she was retiring.
Paul Rodger and Walters finally sat down for the interview on Saturday, Walters said in a tweet. This was Paul Rodger’s first interview since the tragedy.
The interview will air during Friday’s episode of 20/20 at 10 p.m. on ABC.
Back on May 23, Rodger allegedly killed six people near the University of California Santa Barbara campus before he took his own life. The parents of his victims have asked for further information from police on their investigation.
One of the topics that Walters would likely have to ask Paul Rodger about are reports that the family did contact police about their son prior to the shootings. Police did interview Rodger after there were concerns about his YouTube videos, but police determined that he did “not meet the criteria for an involuntary mental health hold,” Deputy Sheriff Bill Brown said last month.
— Barbara Walters (@BarbaraJWalters) June 22, 2014
image via Twitter from Barbara Walters
image courtesy of Jennifer Graylock/INFphoto.com