|

'Bourne 5' not delayed for Matt Damon, producer says

By Kyle Johnson,

Earlier in the week, Universal announced that the next film in the popular Bourne franchise was pushed back until 2016 and some began to wonder whether Matt Damon would make a return to the series. Well, the producer says that is definitely not the reason.

Unsurprisingly, the speculation came from Latino Review, which claimed that the new date would allow Damon, who starred in the first three films, to make his return.

As previously reported, that idea wasn't really supported by Damon himself, who has in the past said he would return only if Paul Greengrass would return to the director's chair, but that isn't going to happen with Justin Lin already picked to helm.

The franchise's producer, Frank Marshall, has now spoken out to pour cold water on the possibility of Damon's return.

"It's simply not true," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "Justin Lin is working with Andrew Baldwin on an Aaron Cross script/story that they pitched us a few months ago. I talk to Justin all the time and the script is not ready."

Marshall added, "It's a summer movie, and if we don't start pre-production now, we can't make next summer. Therefore, it's a wise decision to move to 2016."

Bourne 5 is set for an Aug. 14, 2015 release date, with Jeremy Renner returning to star.

image courtesy of INFphoto.com

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads