Harrison Ford expected to miss eight weeks of 'Star Wars: Episode VII' filming

By Daniel S Levine,

J.J. Abrams and the rest of the Star Wars: Episode VII crew will have to do more filming without Harrison Ford, who injured his ankle on the London set last week. According to U.K. reports, the actor who plays Han Solo will be out for as much as eight weeks.

According to the U.K.’s Daily Mirror, Ford’s doctors say that he did break his ankle. An insider told the paper that they had reshuffled the schedule to make room for the 71-year-old actor’s recovery. Since there are other actors and scenes to do without Ford, the production shouldn’t be drastically affected.

“We are still confident the film can stay on schedule,” the insider said. “At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK.”

While Disney and Lucasfilm have not made any further comment on the situation since Ford’s accident on Thursday, a rep for Ford’s wife Calista Flockhart confirmed that she has flown to London to be with her husband.

The Mirror does quote a spokesperson for the production as saying, “Hoping to announce some good news soon.”

Episode VII does have a large cast that includes Ford’s Original Trilogy co-stars Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. Lupita Nyong’o, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver and John Boyega headline the group of new actors joining the franchise’s first film since 2005.

The film is set to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.

image courtesy of INFphoto.com

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads