Teen dies from caffeine overdose

By Melissa Barclay,

A recent autopsy showed that a high school student from Ohio died on May 27 as a result of a caffeine overdose.

Logan Stiner, 18, took caffeine powder to boost his workouts, reported the Daily Mail.

Stiner was found dead in his family’s home just days before his high school graduation.

His autopsy revealed the teen had a lethal amount of caffeine in his system.

Lorain County’s Coroner Dr. Stephen Evans, said that Stiner had more than 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system, reported the Chronicle-Telegram.

Evans said 50 micrograms is considered lethal.

Stiner’s mother did not know that her son was using the caffeine powder bags until she found them in their home.

The teen had told his mother that he was taking a pre-workout drink, but did not specify.

Stiner was a senior at Keystone High School and a popular student. He was voted prom king earlier in the year.

At his high school graduation, students released balloons after a moment of silence.

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads