Child, dog succumb to heat stroke after getting trapped in hot car

By Elizabeth Learned,

Just weeks after a child died in a hot car under suspicious circumstances, another child has died in Lancaster County, South Carolina after getting locked in a hot car with the family dog.

WBTV reported the three-year-old boy, Logan Cox, had left his home without anyone realizing it and got into a car with the family dog to play. They became trapped inside and when he was finally discovered, he was rushed to the hospital. He later passed away.

Cox reportedly loved to play with toy cars and he most likely got in the car to play inside. No charges were filed in the investigation, as it was a tragic accident that occurred.

WCNC reported the boy became trapped on Wednesday and died four days later. The medical center where he had been taken to says the cause of death was heat stroke.

He hadn’t been in the car for very long, at least under an hour, before he was finally discovered. The dog in the car also died from the heat.

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads