Duran Duran clarifies lawsuit against fan club, which is 'not against loyal fans'

By Daniel S Levine,

Duran Duran was back in the news this week thanks to a lawsuit the group filed in Illinois against the company that ran their fan club. For anyone who didn’t read the details, it sounded like the group was trying to get more money from fans. However, the hitmakers said in a statement that this is not the case.

“Duran Duran value and respect their many fans around the world and feel compelled to correct the media’s misrepresentation of its lawsuit against Worldwide Fan Clubs, Inc.,” the group said in a statement on their site. “The Band emphatically states that the lawsuit is not against its loyal fans but simply seeks to protect its rights against the company that formerly managed its fan club.”

As previously reported, the group reportedly filed a lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court against Worldwide Fan Clubs, claiming that the company has failed in its obligations to keep financial records. The company was supposed to take only a 25 percent cut of the profits from the club, with the remaining 75 percent going to the band.

Duran Duran and Worldwide Fan Clubs began their pact in 2010. The group is seeking $40,000 in damages.

With this experience behind them, the group will now handle a fan club in-house and “continue to make every effort to provide the highest level of service.”

Duran Duran was a hit-making machine in the 1980s, with songs like “Rio” and “Hungry Like The Wolf.” They are currently working on their 14th studio album, their first since 2010’s All You Need Is Now.

image courtesy of Roger Wong/INFphoto.com

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads