Eight killed in suicide bomb attack in Kabul

By Michelle Kapusta,

A suicide bomber attacked an Afghan air force bus on Wednesday morning and killed eight people.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the bomber detonated an explosive device near the vehicle carrying military personnel around 6:50 a.m., Kabul police spokesman Hashmat Stanikzai said.

In addition to the eight deceased, more than a dozen were injured.

Afghan officials said the attacker tried to force his way onto the bus that was picking up the troops at a stop near Kabul University.

The attack comes two weeks after a run-off vote to find a successor to President Hamid Karzai. The country is still awaiting results from that election.

Presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah survived a suicide bomb attack on his convoy last month. He was not injured, but seven people were killed.

The Washington Post noted that Wednesday’s attack, which a Taliban spokesman claimed responsibility for, was the deadliest for the Afghan air force.

Most foreign troops are set to withdraw from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads