Paul McCartney returns to stage after two-month break for illness

By Kyle Johnson,

Paul McCartney performed on Saturday night for the first time since he came down with a virus that forced him to cancel several international dates and reschedule part of his U.S. tour.

The 72-year-old took to the stage at the Times Union Center as he sets out to continue his Out There Tour, The Associated Press reports.

McCartney hadn't performed since he played in Costa Rica on May 1, but was said to look quite healthy after coming down with a virus that required him to seek medical attention in Japan.

The former Beatle played many of his well-known hits, but also sang "On My Way to Work" for the first time live.

McCartney, who celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Beatles' The Ed Sullivan Show performance earlier this year, had to reschedule the June dates of his U.S. tour.

His doctor said that McCartney should continue taking it easy for a few weeks more as he recovered from a virus that required the postponement of his Japan concert dates.

Planned tour stops in Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans, Nashville, Louisville and Tennessee were pushed back to October.

image courtesy of Curtis Means/ACE/INFphoto.com

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads