- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
A British coroner announced on Wednesday that Peaches Geldof's April death was due to a heroin overdose.
The 25-year-old model and TV personality had overdosed on high-purity heroin while she was home alone with her 1-year-old son, the coroner, Roger Hatch, revealed, The Associated Press reports. Her husband, Thomas Cohen, discovered her body after he returned from a trip.
The purity was said to be unusually high at 61 percent according to a forensic scientist who examined the heroin discovered in Geldof's residence by police after her death.
The final results of the autopsy aren't too surprising as reports surfaced back in late April that an inquest looking into the TV personality's passing was set to be informed that it was a heroin overdose.
In addition to the heroin, her blood also had codeine, morphine and methadone. The methadone isn't too surprising since she was taking it in an effort to continue to stay off heroin.
It apparently didn't work well enough to keep her away from heroin, because her husband said that after two years off she returned to the drug a couple months before her death. Cohen said she did her best to try and hide her habit from him.
image courtesy of INFphoto.com