Anna Nicole Smith's estate loses bid for money

By Jorie Goins,

After a more than two decades long fight for a portion of her late husband J. Howard Marshall's estate, which lasted even after Anna Nicole Smith's untimely death in 2007, neither Smith's estate, nor her 7-year-old daughter Dannielynn Birkhead, will receive any money.

After Smith married Marshall in 1994 and he died the following year, she became engaged in a lengthy battle for a portion of his estate, which had all been left to Marshall's son E. Pierce Marshall. According to The Associated Press, Smith said that her husband had promised her more than $300 million, in addition to the monetary and material gifts she had been given during their marriage, which lasted just over a year prior to Marshall's death.

A judge in Houston deemed Marshall mentally competent at the time of the writing of his will.

Despite various courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, rejecting Smith and her attorneys' claims to the money, last year it was speculated that a California judge would be awarding $49 million to Dannielynn, according to USA Today.

Now however, Dannielynn and Smith's estate will reportedly not see a penny of the money. The AP reports that in a ruling Monday, a Santa Ana, Calif. judge said, “It is neither reasonable nor practical to go forward," and rejected the demands for the money.

Despite not being the beneficiary of millions, Dannielynn and her father Larry Birkhead, appear to be doing well. Birkhead tweeted a photo of he and Dannielynn last Wednesday as he sent her off for her first day of third grade.

Image via Twitter Courtesy of LarryBirkhead

Photo Courtesy of: Carlos Diaz/INFGoff.com

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads