Bean bag chairs recalled after two child deaths

By Michelle Kapusta,

Millions of bean bag chairs are being recalled after two children died when they crawled inside the bags, inhaled the beads and suffocated.

According to CBSDFW, more than 2 million of the chairs made by Ace Bayou Corp. do not meet industry standards and were recalled on Friday.

The chairs have zippers on the side which children can easily open and get caught inside the chair. It can also lead to choking hazards of the stuffing in the bags.

The Chicago Tribune noted that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said that the two suffocation deaths were one boy, aged 13, in Texas and one girl aged 3, in Kentucky. Both children were found dead inside the bags.

The popular bean bags have been sold at multiple retail stores and online. If your child is in possession of one, it should be taken away immediately. If you are unsure if you have an Ace Bayou Corp. chair you can contact the company directly with any questions.

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads