Rita Ora says ex Calvin Harris prevented her from performing at Teen Choice Awards

By Gina DiFalco,

Rita Ora confirmed her ex, Calvin Harris, actually prevented her from performing at the Teen Choice Awards this past Sunday. She was set to perform the song they did together, “I Will Never Let You Down,” but was forced to pull out at the last minute when he wouldn’t sign off on it.

Ora told Ryan Seacrest on On Air with Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday that it “would have been nice” if she knew he wouldn’t approve a few weeks ago.

"For anybody who doesn’t understand how it works, he wrote and produced the song," she said, Us Weekly reports. "So he has to approve anything TV-wise for anybody who doesn’t get it. And obviously he owns the rights to it and he didn’t approve the Teen Choice Awards.”

Instead of Ora, rapper Becky G. stepped in to perform for her.

“It happens and we move on and move forward,” she also said, adding when you write a song with someone you’re involved with “there’s some stuff that comes with it.”

Ora recently told Glamour’s September issue that she’s “not doing too great” since their split earlier this summer.

She also said she wants to focus on herself, although she is now dating Tommy Hilfiger’s son Richard Hilfiger.

image via INFphoto.com

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads