- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Suge Knight has been released from the hospital after being shot multiple times Sunday morning at a pre-MTV Video Music Awards party that Chris Brown was hosting. Police are still trying to find a suspect and the music industry is now buzzing over a possible motive for the shooting.
Back on Sunday at around 1:30 a.m., Knight and two others were shot at 1OAK, the West Hollywood club where the party was held. Knight was then rushed to the hospital and underwent surgery. According to TMZ, he finally left Cedars-Sinai Hospital Wednesday morning and will not need any rehab. He will just have to make a few visits with doctors.
“He went straight home and is going to heal up in a few days and be stronger than ever,” a friend told The New York Daily News.
CBS LA reported earlier this week that police are searching for a suspect and that police confirmed that over seven shots were fired in the club. Knight was hit five times and other bullets struck a 33-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman.
The motive behind the shooting is still unknown, but sources for the New York Post’s Page Six claim that it might have something to do with a tell-all memoir Knight is hoping to publish. Knight, the co-founder of Death Row Records, was going to have a memoir published in 2002, but it was held back. Now that he needs the money, he is said to be ready to release it, but the shooting may have been to discourage him from doing so.
image courtesy of Brooks/INFphoto.com