- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Since Whitney Houston’s untimely death on Saturday, there have been many reports surfacing regarding the reason of her passing. While it was reported that she might have drowned in a hotel bathtub, it is now believed that the cause was a mixture of alcohol and prescription drugs.
TMZ reports that L.A. County Coroner’s officials told the singer’s family that she most likely died from a harmful combination of drugs, including Xanax, and alcohol.
While the singer was found submerged in the bathtub of her hotel room, according to TMZ, officials also told the family that there was not enough water in Houston’s lungs to show she drowned.
According to MTV News, Houston’s body was found by her aunt Mary Jones. Jones supposedly only left her alone for a half hour in her room.
After the room was searched, cops found a large amount of sedatives and anti-anxiety pills, reports The NY Daily News. Among the medications found, were Xanax, Lorazepam, and another sleeping pill.
An autopsy was performed on Sunday, and it was confirmed that there was no evidence of foul play. The results of the toxicology however will take several weeks. Her body will be flown to Atlanta after being released from the coroner’s office.
Her death from overdosing on legal pills seems to have been similar to that of Anna Nicole Smith, and Heath Ledger.