- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
2012 is just around the corner and it's about that time when people craft a resolution, or multiple resolutions, for the New Year and try to stick by it. Below is a list of the top ten celebrity new year's resolutions, ranging from the most ridiculous to the most meaningful past and present resolutions.
1. Kim Kardashian's 2011 Resolution to stay single - "I want to try to be single my whole year of being 30," Kim disclosed to Rachel Ray.
It appears that the reality star is ending her year that way, so that counts, right? Maybe she can just forget about her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries. However, Kim knew deep down that her resolution was far-fetched.
"I don't think that's going to last because that's just how I am. But the fact that I'm trying is a big step for me."
2. Kourtney Kardashian's 2012 Resolution for business and her personal life - Perhaps Kourtney's endeavors for the new year are slightly more attainable than her sister's. Kourtney told Seventeen that she wishes to be nicer to her man, Scott Disick. She also wants to "push the limits a little more when it comes to fashion design."
3. Jay-Z's 2009 Resolution to spend more time with Beyonce - In 2009 Rapper Jay-Z resolved to spend more time with his wife, Beyonce. This means that he also wants to "spend more time in bed with Sasha Fierce." Jay-Z has held true to this resolution as the couple is expecting their first child in February.
4. Miley Cyrus's 2009 Resolution to get in less trouble - Renowned actress and singer Miley Cyrus wished to get in less trouble with her bosses at Disney. The time she was caught on video hitting a salvia bong or the time that she called herself a stoner were probably hindrances to this resolution.
5. Natasha Bedingfield's 2012 Resolution to get her driver's license - Getting her driver's license has been a longtime resolution of Natasha's but maybe this will actually be the year she does it, as long as she has some incentive. The 30-year-old singer intends to get a car for her birthday.
6. Hot Chelle Rae's collective 2012 Resolutions - The four members of pop band Hot Chelle Rae each made a resolution for this upcoming year. Lead guitarist Nash Overstreet wants to sleep less and play more shows. Lead vocalist and guitarist Ryan Follese also wishes to play more shows.
"It would be wonderful if we could visit Brazil this year,” he told Celebuzz!
His younger brother and HCR drummer, Jamie Follese, just hopes to make it to the next New Year. Bassist Ian Keaggy would like to add more chicken to his diet.
7. Paula Deen's 2010 Resolution to eat less vitamins - It seems that people usually need to add vitamins to their diet because they are deprived of the nutrients. In Paula's case, however, the cooking-show host claims that she eats too many gummy vitamins. The high levels of sugar in the gummies has inspired her to ease off the delicious gummies. She even has a full-proof plan to make her resolution a reality.
"I'm just going to take the vitamins my doctor tells me to and save the sugary ones for dessert," Paula shares.
8. Robert Pattinson's 2009 Resolution to make Twilight as big as Harry Potter - Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward Cullen in the Twilight series, thrives to become equals with the Harry Potter series in the franchise world. Despite Pattinson's efforts and the recent release of Breaking Dawn Saga: Part One, Harry Potter still takes the cake. The Harry Potter series have dominated the shelves and the big screen, selling 400 million copies of the seven books and $6.3 billion in the box offices. The Twilight series has only sold 100 million copies of novels and has grossed only $1.7 billion for the movies.
9. Kelly Bensimon's 2012 Resolution to detoxify her life - The Real Housewives of New York City star wants 2012 to be a clean year. Bensimon tells Celebuzz! that she resolves “to get rid of anything that’s toxic. Guys, people, attitudes, anything I don’t like. Anything that’s not going the right way is out.”
10. Oprah's 2010 Resolution to not make a resolution - Instead of making a resolution for 2010, Oprah vowed to stick to the practice of journaling. This "live in the now" method consists of using a journal to assess success and failure.