After Gisele’s interview, Tom Brady’s agent says QB did not have concussion

Gisele Bündchen, Tom Brady
Credit: YouTube

There are more people coming out now and saying that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady did not have a concussion last season after his wife, Gisele Bündchen, said in an interview that he did.

The NFL and football fans everywhere were caught off guard earlier this week when Bündchen spoke on CBS This Morning and said that her husband, who is one of the game’s most famous stars, had a history of concussions and suffered one in 2016.

RELATED: Gisele Bündchen reveals husband Tom Brady had unreported concussions (Video)

The league, which has come under fire many times in the past over this very subject, was quick to respond to Bündchen’s revelation with a statement that read in part, “We have reviewed all reports relating to Tom Brady from the unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants and certified athletic trainer spotters who worked at Patriots’ home and away 2016 season games as well as club injury reports that were sent to the league office. There are no records that indicate that Mr. Brady suffered a head injury or concussion, or exhibited or complained of concussion symptoms.”

And now, Brady’s own agent is saying that his client did not suffer a concussion last season.

“Tom was not diagnosed with a concussion last year,” Don Yee told ESPN on Friday. “Many of the protocols and safeguards still are evolving, and it’s obviously a good thing the organization and everyone close to him is vigilant and always looking out for his health.”

So if he never had a concussion then why would Gisele say that?

Well it’s important to remember that while she is not a doctor, we don’t know what kind of conversations the couple has had behind closed doors. Perhaps maybe Brady said something or did something that made her panic and think he did. We just don’t know because the Pats signal caller hasn’t made any public comments thus far about whether he did or not and he probably won’t, which means we may never know. But one thing that’s almost certain is that the league and fans alike will probably keep a more watchful eye on him now every time he takes a hit this season.

Gisele Bündchen reveals husband Tom Brady had unreported concussions (Video)

0
Gisele Bündchen, Tom Brady
Credit: YouTube

Gisele Bündchen might have dropped the ball on husband Tom Brady for sustaining concussions that went unreported.

The wife of the New England Patriots quarterback sat down with CBS This Morning to comment on why she wanted her 39-year-old hubby to retire.

“He had a concussion last year. He has concussions pretty much every–” the retired model hesitates. “I mean, we don’t talk about it. He does have concussions. I don’t really think it’s a healthy thing for a body to go through that kind of aggression all the time. That could not be healthy for you.”

RELATED: Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady’s Met Gala Duties

If what Bündchen is saying is true then that means Brady would have had a concussion last year during the season his team won the Super Bowl.

The problem is that the Patriots never listed the father of three as having any concussions, even though the NFL requires that players report their injuries. Regardless if the injuries would have affected missing out on playing a game, reporting them is significant to “the integrity of the game.”

Other than ankle, leg and thigh injuries, New England did not report Brady as having injuries during 2016.

“We have reviewed all reports relating to Tom Brady from the unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants and certified athletic trainer spotters who worked at Patriots’ home and away 2016 season games as well as club injury reports that were sent to the league office,” the statement from the NFL reads. “There are no records that indicate that Mr. Brady suffered a head injury or concussion, or exhibited or complained of concussion symptoms.”

So far, Brady’s agent has not commented on the remarks made by Bündchen, but it comes at a time when Brady has talked about retirement plans and his health.

“I always said my mid-40s,” Brady told ESPN.com a few days ago, “and naturally that means around 45. If I get there and I still feel like I do today, I don’t see why I wouldn’t want to continue.”

Brady also noted that he and Bündchen are on the same page.

“She wants me to do that, too,” he said. “She also wants me to take good care of myself and still have my energy. My kids have grown up faster than I thought.”

You can watch Gisele’s interview below:

Former soccer pro Abby Wambach‬ weds author ‪Glennon Doyle Melton‬‬ (Photos)

Abby Wambach, Glennon Doyle Melton
Screenshot via YouTube

Congrats are in order for retired soccer star Abby Wambach‬ and her partner, blogger ‪Glennon Doyle Melton‬‬, who were married over the weekend! 

The two shared the news via their Instagram accounts with some beautiful pics from the big day.

Wambach and Melton‬‬ each captioned the photos with “5.14.17” which is the day they tied the knot.

5.14.17

A post shared by Mary Wambach (@abbywambach) on

5.14.17

A post shared by Glennon Doyle Melton (@glennondoylemelton) on

The two also posted another pic of Wambach wearing a black sweatshirt with the words “Christian Mommy Blogger’s Wife” spelled out on it. Melton captioned it by writing, “My beloveds – please never give up on love. Life could surprise the hell out of you. Trust me- you might just wake up one morning and find yourself smackdab in the middle of heaven. I love my wife. LOVE WINS.”

For The Win noted that this is the second marriage for each of them. Wambach’s divorce from fellow soccer player Sarah Huffman was finalized in November and Melton announced her separation from Craig Melton after 14 years of marriage last August.

Despite vasectomy, Antonio Cromartie’s wife is pregnant with his 14th child

1
Antonio Cromartie
Screenshot via YouTube

It seems that nothing can slow down Antonio Cromartie from having kids, not even a vasectomy.

TMZ Sports noted that although the NFL wide receiver had the procedure several years ago his wife, Terricka, announced on Sunday, May 14, that she is pregnant with his 14th child.

Terricka took to Instagram on Mother’s Day with a photo of her tummy and captioned it, “In the up an coming CROMARTIE DRAFT of 2017, with the 6th OverAll Pick. Will the Cromartie’s Draft a Boy or a Girl. J6 coming soon #6months #25weeks#boyorgirl💗💙 #3girls2boys #sexunknown #j6 #commentJNames#lovingmybabies #happymothersday #bowwowchallenge #ornah.”

She also has shared a few more pics of her belly since then and called out some haters for their comments.

As we reported, Cromartie’s wife gave birth to twins last year and this will be their sixth child together. So, of course the question is if he had a vasectomy, how is he continuing to have children? Well that remains a mystery. One might think that perhaps he had the procedure and then got it reversed, but that’s just speculation since the NFL free agent has not publicly commented on the situation.

After spending three seasons with the San Diego Chargers and two stints with the New York Jets, Cromartie played in four games for the Indianapolis Colts last season. He has yet to sign with another NFL team but is likely listening to any offers since 14 children can get pretty expensive.

‘Total Bellas’ has been renewed for season 2 (Trailer)

Nikki Bella, Brie Bella, Total Bellas, Bella Twins
Screenshot via YouTube

Everyone’s favorite twins are back with another season of their hit show Total Bellas!

Nikki and Brie Bella will be returning with all new episodes of their reality show this fall and the trailer is hinting at some major changes for the sisters and their men.

Season two will gives fans a closer look at John Cena’s surprise proposal to Nikki, Brie’s pregnancy with Birdie and a potential move to Phoenix plus much more.

RELATED: Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan welcome and share first pic of daughter

That’s a lot to look forward to and we can’t wait to see all the drama, love and happiness unfold on the show this fall.

See more of what’s to come on Total Bellas in the trailer below:

Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan welcome and share first pic of daughter (Photo)

Brie Bella, Daniel Bryan
Screenshot via YouTube

A new diva has arrived!

Congrats to Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan who, as E! News first reported, welcomed their daughter named Birdie Joe Danielson into the world on Tuesday,  May 9, at 11:58 p.m. Birdie weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces and is 21 inches long.

“There is no better feeling in the world than meeting your daughter. I can’t even express the overwhelming joy and love that Bryan and I are feeling,” Bella gushed. “Now we know what parents mean about the love you feel when you first meet your child. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on the safety of Birdie coming into this world.”

RELATED: ‘Total Bellas’ has been renewed for season 2

This news comes just a few days after the 33-year-old and Bryan had a little health scare with Birdie and ended up spending the night in a Phoenix hospital. The next day, Bella announced via a YouTube video that she and her baby were okay.

The Total Divas star documented much of pregnancy for her fans and got pretty antsy about Birdie’s arrival when her due date in April came and went. She even posted on Instagram that she and Bryan were looking at ways to naturally induce the birth. Now though their wait is finally over.

Here is the first image the couple shared of their baby girl:

Kathy Berman, wife of sportscaster Chris Berman, killed in car crash

Kathy Berman, Chris Berman, Berman family
Screenshot via YouTube

Kathy Berman, the wife of broadcaster and longtime ESPN personality Chris Berman, has died following a car crash on Tuesday, May 9. She was 67.

ESPN’s president, John Skipper, confirmed the news in a statement.

“This is a devastating tragedy and difficult to comprehend,” Skipper said. “Chris is beloved by all his ESPN colleagues and for good reason: He has a huge heart and has given so much to so many over the years. We know how much his family means to him and all we can do at a moment like this is give him the love and support he will surely need at this hour. Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris, Meredith, Doug and the entire family.”

Many of Berman’s colleagues in the sports world also offered their condolences.

According to the Hartford Courant, Kathy Berman was behind the wheel of a Lexus when it collided with a Ford Escape driven by 87-year-old Edward Bertulis. Connecticut State Police announced on Wednesday morning that he had been killed as well.

Chris Berman, who joined ESPN in 1979, was married to Kathy for 33 years. She is survived by him and their two children.

Aaron Hernandez’s murder conviction vacated following his death (Video)

0
Aaron Hernandez
Screenshot via YouTube

Following his death last month, Aaron Hernandez’s murder conviction for killing Odin Lloyd has officially been dismissed.

Hernandez was found dead in his prison cell on April 19 and under Massachusetts law, if a defendant dies before their appeals are exhausted their convictions are vacated. Therefore this doctrine, called abatement ab initio, now erases Hernandez’s first-degree murder conviction from 2015 in which he was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Bristol County Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh made the ruling on Tuesday.

Prosecutors tried to argue that circumstances were different in Hernandez’s case because he knew about the rule and used it as a way for his family to get millions of dollars from the New England Patriots. According to TMZ, if his conviction was dismissed the Patriots would owe around $6 million which was the remainder of his NFL contract. Prosecutors said that Hernandez knew this and committed suicide so his fiancée, Shayanna Jenkins, could collect that money.

But Garsh said that she was compelled to follow precedent and threw out the conviction.

Lloyd’s family was in the courtroom and were visibly distraught after the ruling.

The medical examiner, who performed the autopsy on Hernandez, concluded that the former tight end’s manner of death was suicide and the cause was asphyxia by hanging. However, as we reported, Hernandez’s lead attorney, Jose Baez, strongly believes that his client was murdered and has vowed that his firm will independently investigate the death.

Hernandez played his college ball under coach Urban Meyer with the Tim Tebow-led Gators at the University of Florida. He was drafted by the Pats in 2010 and caught passes from Tom Brady for two seasons until his arrest for Lloyd’s murder in 2013.

Subject of ‘The Blind Side’ movie, Michael Oher, accused of assaulting Uber driver

0
Michael Oher
Screenshot via YouTube

Carolina Panthers player and the man who rose to off-the-field fame for The Blind Side movie has been accused of assaulting an Uber driver.

ESPN obtained a copy of the police report which stated that Oher was cited for misdemeanor assault over the alleged incident on April 14 and is due to appear in court Monday, May 8.

RELATED: Michael Oher thinks ‘The Blind Side’ hurt his NFL career

The Uber driver told authorities that he picked up Oher and some of  his friends last month and while driving them to a restaurant got into a dispute with the offensive tackle who claimed he wasn’t going the right way. Upon arriving at the destination, the driver claimed that Oher allegedly “pushed him down onto the ground” and “kicked him in the leg while he was on the ground.”

The report also alleges that the fight was broken up when the other people who were in the car restrained Oher.

A Panthers spokesperson said that the team has been notified about the incident.

“We are aware an incident occurred involving Michael,” spokesman Steven Drummond said. “We have no further comment at this time.”

Oher of course gained a new audience of fans, outside of just those who enjoy football, following the release of the 2009 hit film The Blind Side, which was a true story based on his life.

The Tennessee native began his career with the Baltimore Ravens; winning Super Bowl XLVII with the team. The following year he signed with the Titans, but was released after the 2014 season. He has been playing for the Panthers since 2015 and is currently in concussion protocol after missing much of last season.

Boston Red Sox apologize after Adam Jones was taunted with racial slurs during game

0
Adam Jones
Screenshot via YouTube

The Boston Red Sox have apologized to Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones after he was subjected to racial slurs and objects being thrown at him during Monday night’s game at Fenway Park.

Jones told USA Today about the abuse by a Sox fan and said it was some of the worst he has endured in his 12-year career.

“A disrespectful fan threw a bag of peanuts at me,” Jones said. “I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight. Thanks. Pretty awesome.’’

The center fielder revealed that the taunts continued as the game went on and eventually security escorted the fan believed to be the culprit out of the stadium, but Jones thinks the punishment should be more severe.

“It’s pathetic,’’ he said. “It’s called a coward. What they need to do is that instead of kicking them out of the stadium, they need to fine them 10 grand, 20 grand, 30 grand. Something that really hurts somebody. Make them pay in full. And if they don’t, take it out of their check.

“That’s how you hurt somebody. You suspend them from the stadium, what does that mean? It’s a slap on the wrist. That guy needs to be confronted and he needs to pay for what he’s done. At the end of the day, when you throw an object onto the field of play the player has no idea what it is. What if something hit me right in the eye and I can’t play baseball anymore. Then what?”

On Tuesday, the Red Sox apologized to Jones and the Orioles team for what occurred and said that further action may be taken.

“The Red Sox want to publicly apologize to Adam Jones and the entire Orioles organization for what occurred at Fenway Park Monday night,” Sox President Sam Kennedy said. “No player should have an object thrown at him on the playing field, nor be subjected to any kind of racism at Fenway Park. The Red Sox have zero tolerance for such inexcusable behavior and our entire organization and our fans are sickened by the conduct of an ignorant few. Such conduct should be reported immediately to Red Sox security and any spectator behaving in this manner forfeits his/her right to remain in the ballpark and may be subject to further action. Our review of last night’s events is ongoing.”

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh echoed that statement and called the behavior totally “unacceptable.”