During rehearsals for Nicki Minaj's upcoming VMA performance, one of her dancers got a bit more contact with a snake than she bargained for.
TMZ reports that during rehearsals for Nicki Minaj's performance while she was singing her new single "Anaconda," one of the dancers was bitten by a snake on stage.
TMZ was told that the dancer was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The snake was placed in a container and carried off the stage. The Los Angeles County Fire Department told The New York Daily News that the snake was a six foot long Boa constrictor. Los Angeles Fire Department Captain Rory Brunner said the hospital visit was just a precaution to make sure the dancer was okay and since Boa constrictors are not venomous, the bite "wasn't that big of a deal."
It remains unclear whether or not the snake will be excluded from the live performance Sunday. The MTV Video Music Awards will air Sunday Aug. 24 and Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande and Jessie J will open the show.
Photo Courtesy of: INFphoto.com