Activision surprised XBox and PS4 users who pre-ordered Call of Duty: WWII with the code to launch the beta version of the game a day early.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) August 31, 2017
Even more features are available for this second weekend of beta play. According to Forbes, changes include the Aachen multiplayer map, a higher level cap and increased points for kills in Domination.
Players can expect from the beta version:
- Maps – At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- War Mode – Operation Breakout
- Modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division.
- Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
Activision says beta is, "a critical test of our core gameplay, our game systems, as well as a stress test of our online infrastructure at scale."
Beta ends Sept. 4 when the game launches for all users.