- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
People Magazine named Magic Mike star Channing Tatum as 2012’s Sexiest Man Alive on Wednesday.
Whether you agree with the mag’s decision or not – Channing beat out hotties like Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron – there’s no denying the actor is a total stud. In honor of People’s long-running tradition, we’re sharing our list of the 10 best Hollywood hunks to have won the coveted title in past years. Which hottie makes you swoon? Tell us in the comments below!
10. Jude Law – The gorgeous actor was named SMA in 2004 and there’s no wondering why. Law has piercing blue eyes and perfectly placed blonde locks. One look at his sexy face will make your heart flutter. Actress Naomi Watts said of her studly friend, “He’s the most beautiful man who ever walked the earth – an absolutely perfect oil painting.”
9. Brad Pitt – A two-time titleholder, Pitt was named SMA in 1995 and 2000. Despite his super stardom and undeniable talent, the actor is super sexy and dedicates his life to humanitarian efforts. What’s not to love?
8. Matt Damon – In 2007, Damon was named SMA and he definitely deserved it. The sexy actor was – and still is – on top of his game, yet he still remained humble over the honor. “You’ve given an aging suburban dad the ego-boost of a lifetime,” the actor said.
7. Hugh Jackman – The Australian hunk has it all. An accent. Irresistible charm. An incredible sense of humor. Not to mention a flawless body. Jackman was named SMA in 2008 and his wife told the mag at that time that her hot hubby had a “Body of Doom – but I like what’s inside.”
6. Ben Affleck – Who would’ve thought that JLo’s ex, who was named SMA in 2002, who go on to become and adorable husband to Jennifer Garner and the ultimate family man with three cute-as-pie kiddos. Nevertheless, Affleck is a total hottie then and now.
5. Bradley Cooper – The Hangover actor passed down his 2011 SMA title to Channing Tatum just a few hours ago, but that doesn’t mean he’s any less sexy! Cooper’s captivating smile and sense of cool has ladies everywhere absolutely in love. The star told the mag, “I think it’s really cool that a guy who doesn’t look like a model can have this [title].”
4. George Clooney – Also a two-time SMA title winner, Clooney snagged the coveted honor in 1997 and 2006 and rightly so. But despite his perfect golden eyes and salt-and-pepper hair, the actor admits he doesn’t “go on that many dates.” Sure, George. We don’t believe that!
3. Matthew McConaughey – He’s got the whole sexy surfer thing down and we like it! McConaughey was awarded the SMA title in 2005 and has done an incredible job of living up to the title. His rock hard abs and crystal baby blues couldn’t be more perfect if they were photoshopped. The actor joked with the mag after his win, saying, “Wait until you see the roles I take after this. You’re going to see my gut hanging over, plus 22 [lbs.]. It’ll be a whole new kind of sexy!”
2. Johnny Depp – Mysterious. Talented. Quirky. Depp brings sexy to a whole different level. Like Clooney and Pitt, the Pirates of the Caribbean star has also been given the honor of SMA twice – in 2003 and 2009. The actor is so sexy his costars can’t even handle it. Anne Hathaway said of costarring with Depp in 2010’s Alice In Wonderland, “I hope I don’t faint.”
1. Ryan Reynolds – This Canadian hottie is the definition of sexy. Chiseled. Tanned. Funny. Adorable. Sweet. I mean, Reynolds, who snagged the SMA title in 2010, has the total package. Sadly, as of a few short months ago, he’s taken after marrying Gossip Girl actress Blake Lively. But that doesn’t mean we can’t fantasize!