TheCelebrityCafe.com’s social media program isn’t just about you doing what we do, it’s about learning how to do what we do and applying it to your personal accounts. When you’re done with your 12 weeks, you will not only learn how an online company handles marketing, but also expand your social media reach.
Here’s what we expect you to get out of our program –
1. Learn how to market YOURSELF!
Wait, what? Yes, that’s right. If you don’t have a personal brand you don’t have much to show off to a company you are applying to. Using TheCelebrityCafe.com as a launching point we’ll teach you how to become a brand expert in all things entertainment.
2. Bring YOU to a company.
Yes, it’s about you again. The only way to become an authority is to do MORE. You’ll use your social media platforms to tell the world what you know and what you can do.
3. Learn new platforms.
Sure, you use Facebook and Twitter, you browse for recipes and style ideas on Pinterest, share photos on Instagram, but that’s not the end of the process. That’s barely the beginning!
4. Engage people.
Sharing and talking at people isn’t enough, you have to get them to come back wanting more. The best way to do that is to talk to them! Facebook comments below the stories, commenting on social media, that’s a huge part of becoming a strong presence in social media.
5. Try something new.
Your final assignment is to review all you’ve learned with us and propose a new idea, execute it and discuss how well it went.
Here are some projects you will experience:
- Posting effectively on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious.
- Start and maintain conversations on social media.
- Perform learning rounds on TheCelebrityCafe.com’s or FashionWeek.com’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest platforms.
- Promote contests and other website related tasks.
- Propose a social media change based on what you’ve learned, try it out and review the results with staff.
What you will be doing:
- Updating and commenting on personal and professional profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow, friend and like the site
- Writing and posting blogs, tweets and updates
- Tracking the growth/impact of social media on the site
- Replying to comments, messages
- Reporting findings to the team
- Ask questions to consistently learn and grow
What we need you to bring to the table:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A superb social media presence and/or have had experience managing social media
- Be energetic and proactive
- Create ideas on how to connect with new and existing users
- Have a fresh take on how to grow an online presence
- Experienced in proofreading and editing
- Highly organized with follow-through abilities to make things happen
- Ability to contribute individually and in a team
Have academic credit or written permission from a faculty advisor
Find us on social media! Here’s where:
Twitter – @celcafe
Facebook – /TheCelebrityCafecom
Google+ – +TheCelebrityCafe.com
Tumblr – http://thecelebritycafe.tumblr.com/
Pinterest – celebritycafe
YouTube – TheCelebrityCafe.com
Once you fill out this form an editor will be in touch about acceptance into the program.
Interested? Apply here –
If the form does not load, please click: HERE