Embattled fast-food restaurant McDonald’s has announced that the company will reveal an all new turnaround plan next month.

USA Today noted that after stocks were up more than 4 percent Wednesday, McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook said that a turnaround plan for the fast-food giant would be revealed May 4.

"As the world's leading restaurant company, we are evolving to be more responsive to today's customer," Easterbrook said in a statement. "McDonald's management team is keenly focused on acting more quickly to better address today's consumer needs, expectations and the competitive marketplace. We are developing a turnaround plan to improve our performance and deliver enduring profitable growth. We look forward to sharing the initial details of this plan."

This announcement comes after McDonald’s has made several attempts over the past few years to win back consumers who now dine elsewhere.

Last month, we reported that the company said it will limit the use of chickens raised on antibiotics in an effort to contend with the restaurants chains that serve healthier options.

As for the stock boost on Wednesday, it’s hardly good news since sales globally have been declining for some time, but it was better than expected.

For more daily news stories follow Michelle on Twitter @PhilaMichelle